When we got home, I decided to go ahead and prepare some foods to freeze and some things for the week. The more meals we have readily available on week nights, the less likely we are to go out to eat, therefore saving more money. I think we now have a total of 16 meals ready to go and a few more that we could throw together if we wanted something different. Here is what I prepared today:
- Cut up strawberries for dessert tonight and froze two more bags of them for a future date.
- Made about 5 pounds worth of mashed potatoes and divided into 5 containers to freeze.
- Made Southwest Roll ups for dinner tonight and froze 7 more.
- Made a chicken/pasta/vegetable soup for dinner tomorrow and lunches this week.
- Cut up a head of lettuce and mixed with spinach leaves for lunches this week.
- Made two dinners of baked spaghetti to freeze.
Yes, it took a few hours, but it will save me lots of time in the future!!! Hopefully, I will be able to make time like this every few weeks.