This year, we are doing something different that I’ve wanted to do for a few years now. We set up envelopes and planned out things for the year. I mentioned this in my New Year’s Resolutions posts.
We have three different types of envelopes: Family (that includes 2 activities and 4 or 5 Mitchell Family Values to review), Date Nights (we put 12 different activities and a few Abbie/Brian Plan in there and the goal is for it to cost $10 or less), and House (we put the 6 main areas of our house in there; when we pull out an area, we will make a list at the beginning of the month to hopefully accomplish, deep clean, and repair; we will go through this list twice)
We introduced it to the kids tonight. They seemed excited but a little confused. I don’t think they quite get what it all means yet. I’m sure as time goes on, they will understand more and be excited. Our goal is to open the envelopes at the beginning of each month so we can budget for the activities if we need to and figure out when we can fit them in.
Here is what we have planned for January:
- Family Choice Dinner (appetizer, entrée, side, side, dessert) each person picks one thing and plans that part of the dinner
- Animal Week
- Actions speak louder than words.
- There will always be people who have more, but more who have less.
- Everyone in our family has a job. (Job Chart coming!!)
- Prayer time is a special time.
- We are thankful for everything God has given us.
House: Living Room/Hall/Closet
Date Night: Movies in Bed (free!)