- We have such flexibility! We've done school on the go and Gavin and I would have missed the first 8 out 10 days of school this year if we weren't homeschooling.
- I am with my kids 24/7. (see below)
- There is no dress code...as long as they are dressed!
- I get to decide what they are going to learn, how they are going to learn, and when they are going to learn it. (see below)
- We get to spend time with family and friends when the opportunity presents itself and take field trips wherever we want.
- I can see them light up with excitement when I tell them we are doing a science experiment, I can push them when they are struggling with writing in their journal, I can watch their growth first hand, and I can hear their sweet prayer requests every morning!
- I can hug, kiss, and love on my students as well as discipline them without worrying about what their parents will think!
- There is no janitor, principal, cafeteria lady, secretary, nurse, assistant, or recess duty teachers! I am the one and only!
- I am with my kids 24/7. (see above)
- We are home all of the time which means more dishes, laundry, and overall messes. I never thought about the increased toilet paper usage!
- I have to decide what they are going to learn, how they are going to learn, and when they are going to learn it. As a friend of mine said, you can't blame the teacher this time! (see above)
- There isn't enough "Me" time (but I think most moms would say that!)
- I feel the added pressure to make sure they are the best in all categories (social, emotional, spiritual, and educational), but once again, I think most moms struggle and think about that!